GetFundedAfrica (GFA), a venture service firm with a commitment to enabling African start-ups, was founded in February 2020. To achieve this ideal, it created three key service areas: learning and development, fundraising, and media/technology.
The Media Production Unit is one of the nine service lines developed by GetFundedAfrica to deliver on its commitment to the African start-up ecosystem.
The unit operates on two fronts:
- For a certain cost, it produces public, business content – documentaries, business marketing profiles, tv adverts, etc. – for start-ups in such industries as fintech, agri tech, and health tech. This production is usually guided by the concept and direction of its clients (the founders of such businesses).
- Secondly, it has developed a revenue-generating product called GFA Max, a streaming service geared towards showcasing business and entrepreneurial activities in Africa and (or influenced by) the Caribbean.
GFA Max offers the following rates and packages:
- Max subscription with adverts (single): This subscription plan streams GFA Max products. However, it is a free service because it is paid for by adverts.
- Max subscription without adverts (single): This subscription plan streams GFA Max products without adverts. It attracts a subscription fee of USD 6 monthly.
- Max subscription teams: This subscription plan involves multiple subscribers who wish to identify with a common interest, group or unit. It comes with a monthly fee of USD 50 and without advert placements.
- Company products’ placement and location profiles: This plan focuses on companies advertising their goods and services on the GFA Max platform for a fee of USD 500. It will include a 30-60 secs video of live-action and animated adverts.
- Corporate ads & banners: This plan also focuses on companies advertising their goods and services on the Max platform but for a reduced fee of USD 200. It includes flash banners, static ad images and slideshows.
- Sponsorship: This plan is perfect for companies engaged in sponsorship and adverts placements around specific events or dates, as well as showcasing their goods and services on the Max platform. This plan attracts a fee of USD 1000. It includes all file formats – MOV, AVI, MP4 and MKV.
- Sponsorship & production: This plan possesses all the elements of the previous sponsorship plan – perfect for companies engaged in sponsorship and adverts placements around specific events or dates, as well as showcasing their goods and services on the Max platform, and includes all file formats. However, it goes further to include the GFA production team creating the content for the clients. It costs USD 2500.