Jonathan Berman is the Managing Partner at Africa Innovation Partners (AIP) which invests in early stage technology companies focused on emerging markets.
- He serves on the board of directors, Asoko Insights and Information services companies delivering superior data and analytics on African co-operations to customers worldwide and,
- He also serves on the board of Invest Africa, the membership organization of investors in Africa.
- He is the author of the book “Success in Africa” which President Bill Clinton calls timely and important, the coke CEO Nevil Estelle described as a great book and Mark Mobius described as dynamite.
- His views appear in the Wall Street journal, the New York Times, Bloomberg and the Harvard Business Review.
- Jonathan previously served as the Partner and Director of the global co-operate practice at Arlberg, A mission driven advisory firm focused on frontier market with 20 offices worldwide.
- He has advised numerous global fortune 500 companies on entry and operation in emerging and frontier markets of Asia and Africa.
- His client includes global leaders in oil & gas, mining, agri-business, education, healthcare, IT and consumer goods as well as government and investors active in those sectors.
- Jonathan holds a BA from Yale and an MA in political economy from UC Buckley.
- He is a life member of the US consul on foreign relations.
GetFundedAfrica’s mission is to uplift people and economies in Africa through entrepreneurship; helping companies find funding, grow, create jobs and solve society’s greatest challenges
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill.