The 25th Harvard Business School Africa Business Conference 2023 Hosts New Venture Competition for African Entrepreneurs
The 25th Harvard Business School Africa Business Conference hosts the New Venture Competition, once again, to showcase the diversity of entrepreneurs making a difference on the continent.
From the pool of applications, 10 finalists will be invited to pitch their business in front of over 1,000 attendees and receive feedback from a panel of experienced judges. The competition winner and runner-up, and third place will be awarded cash prizes of $30,000, $15,000, and $10,000, respectively.
- All African and Africa-focused entrepreneurs with businesses focused on shaping Africa’s future.
- Early-stage startups (for-profit or not-for-profit).
- Africa-focused with a majority or all of its operations in Africa.
- Less than 50 employees.
- Less than 5 years in operation.
- Raised less than $1,000,000 in funding to date.
- The Team – (relevance to problem/breadth/depth of skills; ability to execute)
- The Problem – (what is it, how painful is it, who is facing it?)
- The Solution – (product or service? technology or more analogue? has it been done before?)
- The Context & Opportunity – (timing, market size/need, ability to penetrate, strong value proposition and business model, regulatory/tax/political and industry context)
- Go-to-Market Strategy – (who is your target customer, and how will you acquire and scale?)
- Competitive Landscape – (competitors, Barriers to Entry, Differentiation)
- Risks & Unknowns – (how will you mitigate risks and test assumptions?)
- Financials – (How will you generate revenue in the short to long term? what is your model?)
- Traction & Execution – (What have you done so far and still need to do in terms of testing, validation, and growth hypothesis as well as defined milestones)
Application Closes: January 2nd, 2023
Finalists Announced: January 24, 2023
GetFundedAfrica is building Africa’s largest tech-enabled marketplace which connects African founders with global mentors, coaches, corporates, investors and government. Whether you want to raise funds ranging from $100k to $50m or you simply want to grow your business, sign up for free at www.getfundedafrica.com