Feature writersWeekend Features
GFA Attract VC Edition: Interview With Kennedy Mubita SC Ventures
In this episode of GFA-Attract, we discuss with Kennedy Mubita, Nairobi based Venture Capital Lead for Africa & Middle east at SC Ventures, the venture capital arm of Standard Chartered Bank. SC Ventures is a $100 million fund focused on FinTech investments.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How Kennedy transited from a degree in Mining to leading SC Ventures in Africa and the Middle East
- His journey from Zambia to the entire African continent
- Opportunities seen by Kennedy in blockchain
- Kennedy’s thoughts on how Standard Chartered is rethinking innovation
- The challenges faced by banks and why they usually have to turn down good ideas
- Importance of anti-money laundering regulations to FinTechs
- Why banks are now entering into the venture capital space
- Opportunities to scale for FinTechs in Africa
- How SC ventures in co-creating value with entrepreneurs
- Importance of Government policies on ease of doing business.
- What needs to be done to get more venture capital investment in Africa
- Kennedy’s thoughts on getting investors ready for investments (see GetFundedAfrica’s online courses).
- The average size of investments made by SC Ventures
- Why the only employer you can trust is yourself
As always you can subscribe to GetFundedAfrica’s YouTube Channel or follow GetFundedAfrica on LinkedIn for this and other interviews.
If you are a venture capital investor and you would like to be featured on our video podcast, send us an email email@example.com