In this episode of GFA-Attract, we discuss with Kennedy Mubita, Nairobi based Venture Capital Lead for Africa & Middle east at SC Ventures, the venture capital arm of Standard Chartered Bank. SC Ventures is a $100 million fund focused on FinTech investments.
In this episode, you will learn about:
- How Kennedy transited from a degree in Mining to leading SC Ventures in Africa and the Middle East
- His journey from Zambia to the entire African continent
- Opportunities seen by Kennedy in blockchain
- Kennedy’s thoughts on how Standard Chartered is rethinking innovation
- The challenges faced by banks and why they usually have to turn down good ideas
- Importance of anti-money laundering regulations to FinTechs
- Why banks are now entering into the venture capital space
- Opportunities to scale for FinTechs in Africa
- How SC ventures in co-creating value with entrepreneurs
- Importance of Government policies on ease of doing business.
- What needs to be done to get more venture capital investment in Africa
- Kennedy’s thoughts on getting investors ready for investments (see GetFundedAfrica’s online courses).
- The average size of investments made by SC Ventures
- Why the only employer you can trust is yourself
If you are a venture capital investor and you would like to be featured on our video podcast, send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org