1. African genomics startup 54gene raises $15M led by Adjuvant Capital
Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the continent’s 1.2 billion people.
2. Zipline rival Swoop Aero raises funding to help curb COVID-19 in Africa The firm said it would use the funds to fuel its growth across Africa and into Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia.
1. IFC invests $20mln in SPE Capital’s SPE AIF I IFC is investing up to $20 million in SPE AIF I, a fund managed by private equity firm SPE Capital Partners which targets small- and mid-cap companies operating in North Africa, mainly in Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia.
1. IMF approves $1 bln in emergency aid for Ghana, $442m for Senegal The IMF has approved $1 billion in emergency funding for Ghana and $442 million for Senegal to enable both countries to respond to the rapidly-spreading coronavirus pandemic.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Weekend Feature – Agritech Africa – Emerging Trends https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/10/weekend-feature-agritech-africa-emerging-trends/
2) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/