The ZEP-RE Innovation Hub has announced its interest in supporting scalable startups in creating new markets and optimizing efficiency, as the first insurtech incubator in Rwanda. They are calling on all startups who are interested in entering the insurtech industry to onboard new corporate customers and investors.
They will select 25 startups for an Insurtech Hackathon in March 2023. At the end of the event, five teams will be selected to join our 6-month incubation program. Three out of five teams will receive cash prizes of up to $15,000 at the end of the 6-month program. Additionally, the ZEP-RE investment team will evaluate all startups for potential seed investment and further support to scale in the COMESA region.
This program is implemented in partnership with Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali.
- Access to industry experts and mentors
- Networking opportunities with potential investors, partners and corporate customers
- Free workspace and resources to help you scale your business
- Potential for seed funding and investment from ZEP-RE
- Opportunity to scale into the new and untapped industry of insurrect.
- A multidisciplinary team with demonstrated experience in their field and/or working together
- An interest and commitment to pivot to the insurance industry
- An existing product/service that can potentially be used in the insurance industry
- We are particularly interested in startups in fintech, agri-tech, health-tech, legal-tech, climate-tech and blockchain-enabled solutions, etc.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
- Fill in the complete application form.
- Attend our launch event on March 02 at the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali (register here).
- Selected participants will take part in a 3-day Hackathon on March 21-23.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance for the Hackathon on March 17.
- 5 teams from the Hackathon will be selected for a 6-month incubation program and potential for investment/cash prizes.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023