Missed out on GFA’s Annual Investor Forum Virtual Event? We’ll fill you in on what went down………
GetFundedAfrica’s annual Investor Forum Virtual Event occurred earlier in March 2022 and kicked off with a brief intro about GetFundedAfrica and our mission that hopes to help the 44 million plus startups in Africa, and to grow the 200+ venture capital, and angel investor partners on the continent.
The panel discussion was Facilitated by Gbite Oduneye (Founder & General Partner @ #ODBA VC) with input from the various speakers which were Oscar Ramos (Managing Director @ #Chinaccelerator Mox & Partner @ #SOSV), Barbra Iyayi (CEO & Partnter @#Unicorn Growth Capital), Gerald Maithya (SME & Startups Lead @ #Microsoft Africa) and Umar Hasmi (#Global Fintech Leader). Gbite led the discussion by mentioning some of the key highlights of GetFundedAfrica Startup Ecosystem Report (2021) highlights that was curated and tracked by the GetFundedAfrica Insights team led by Ibukun Omololu.
Some of the key points of discussion included
– Why only 1-2% of total funding tracked flowed to Pre-seed investments
– What companies in the Venture Capital space can do to help grow the trend?
– GFA’s role in growing Pre-seed investment in Africa.
– Prediction on total investment that will flow into Africa in 2022
– What is the role of corporate accelerators such as Microsoft in the African startup ecosystem?
If you would like to take part in the next GFA annual investor forum (2023), advertise or sponsor the event please send an email to email@example.com