A fortnight ago we took an exclusive look at Zimbabwe Stock Exchange’s Direct trading platform. The platform that allows ordinary folks like you and me to buy shares from our laptop and smartphone has finally been launched.
At the launch event, ZSE noted that the creation of the platform was prompted by a survey conducted earlier this year. The survey concluded that participation by Zimbabwean individuals in capital markets was marginal. ZSE noted that the biggest barriers highlighted by participants were i) a lack of appreciation of the investment process and ii) a perception that investment is for the sophisticated.
ZSE Direct’s mandate is therefore pretty simple. The platform is attempting to make accessing the market very simple for first-time investors whilst providing them with the “full investment process”. ZSE says this includes having your own stockbroking and CSD account.
ZSE believes the following features will make it easier for first timers and retail investors to start participating in the capital markets;
- User Interface – We have made the platform easy to use, and the key features such as buying, selling and checking your balances are easy to find and navigate.
- Your Portfolio – A view of your portfolio indicating securities in your CSD account as well as the valuation of that portfolio.
- Market Statistics – Latest market statistics that include the market watch, top movers and the Indices to help you track the performance of the market.
Be apart of the “African story”, join our team of guest contributors today send us an email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market Depth – The market depth feature shows up to 10 best orders on both the buy and sell-side. This will enable the investor to quickly assess the status of other orders in the market and hence be able to make an informed decision on their buy or sell order.
- Price Range on Buy and Sell Tabs – Given that the market operates on circuit breakers, the platform will indicate to the investor the acceptable price range for each security.
- Tutorials – To assist investors on how to use the platform, content has been created on how to register, buy and sell on ZSE Direct through the ZSE Youtube channel. The platform also has links to the ZSE Training Institute which will provide further education to potential investors.
In my brief time with ZSE Direct during its beta, I did feel that the registration process and user interface where much simpler than current alternatives on the market.
Read full article here
GetFundedAfrica’s mission is to uplift people and economies in Africa through entrepreneurship; helping companies find funding, grow, create jobs and solve society’s greatest challenges
GFA Attract And GFA Weekly Round Up
GFA Attract Series (VC Edition): Interview With Rob Eloff, Lateral Capital
In this episode of GFA-Attract, Debo discussed with South African born Rob Eloff the co-Founder & managing partner at Lateral Capital, a mission driven venture fund investing in early stage opportunities in Sub-saharan Africa to bridge the gap between capital and opportunities. Watch the exclusive Interview here
GFA Weekly Round Up September 14- September 18
In this week’s episode of the weekly round up we zoomed in on funding activity in Africa from September 14-15 Listen Here
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill.