Facebook Accelerator: Commerce is a 12-week non-equity program supporting innovative commerce startups who renew shopping experiences for buyers and sellers.
At Facebook, our focus has long been to bring people together and build community. We are committed to the startup ecosystem and believe that by connecting, training, and growing entrepreneurs through our programs, Facebook can empower people to solve relevant, meaningful problems.
In this critical time, Facebook is doubling down on commerce and accelerating its work to enable every business to sell online and help people gain inspiration, discover and buy the products they love. Our commerce vision is one unified shopping experience across all Facebook apps. We can’t achieve this alone, so we are looking for startups to build technology with us.
Commerce solutions we are looking for:
- Technology that makes it quick and easy for companies to upload and manage inventory online
- Solutions that enrich product catalog functionality and intelligence
- Shopping experiences that help buyers in their consideration phase to make more informed purchasing decisions
- New and interesting solutions that drive innovation and enhanced
- Headquartered in Europe, Middle East or Africa
- B2B or B2B2C startups with Seed to Series A maturity
- Evidence of significant progress in business growth and revenue
- Product that is focused on driving value for customers
- Groundbreaking technology or research
- Diverse and focused leadership team that is hungry to learn from and collaborate with Facebook
Eligible Countries: Countries in Europe, Middle East or Africa
Value of Award:
- MENTORSHIP: You will have a dedicated Facebook mentor who will provide guidance on product development and business growth.
- TRAINING AND WORKSHOPS: You will benefit form a comprehensive content program covering product innovation and business growth in the commerce space.
- FACEBOOK PRODUCTS AND TECHNOLOGIES: You will have a family of products and technologies at your disposal geared to help your business grow.
- VALUABLE NETWORK: You will have an opportunity to connect with talented founders of innovative commerce startups in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and deepen connections with Facebook experts representing various fields of expertise.
How to Apply: Apply here and application Deadline: 31st August 2020
“GetFundedAfrica is a technology-based, business information platform operated by Afriscaper Research & Consulting Limited with a mission to reduce barriers to funding for African businesses. GFA matches investor ready, African & African-Diaspora owned companies with global investors, leveraging market research, industry data and news aggregation“
In this episode of GFA-Attract, GetFundedAfrica’s Co-Founder, Debo Omololu discusses with Yassine Oussaifi, a Tunis-based Venture Capital Partner at AfricInvest Group. AfricInvest has $1.5 billion in funds under management and is one of Africa’s largest venture capital firms. Yassine loves water sports and basketball and tries to relax at beach locations.