- African Development Bank Group approves $10 million equity in Razorite Healthcare Fund for Africa The 10-year deal, approved on 26 February, will resource the Fund to address growing demands for affordable and quality healthcare services in several countries of Sub-Saharan Africa faced lack of access to low cost, first-class healthcare. RHAF1, to be registered in Mauritius, will provide growth capital to operating healthcare infrastructure facilities which show high potential for growth, as well as build new facilities, where identified as necessary.
- Kenyan Logistics Startup Amitruck Secures Funding From GreenTec Capital Kenyan logistics startup, Amitruck, has secured an undisclosed amount of funding from GreenTec Capital. Amitruck was co-founded by brothers, Mark and Timothy Mwangi in January 2019 as a vehicle-hailing company which connects traders to trucks, pick-ups, and motorcycles for goods delivery.
- Kids’ Learning Platform, Play Sense, Raises USD 458 K And Goes Full Edtech South African children’s education venture, Play Sense, has morphed into a proper edtech startup after securing USD 458 K (ZAR 8.25 Mn) in funding from US-based VC firm, Enygma Ventures.
- LifeBank launches Quip to crowdsource equipment for COVID 19 patients LifeBank, a healtech firm delivering blood and other essential medical products has launched QUIP, a national register that makes needed medical equipment to help manage COVID-19.
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) Weekend Feature – Agritech Africa – Emerging Trends https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/10/weekend-feature-agritech-africa-emerging-trends/
2) Funding & Agritech in Africa…with a snapshot of 2019 https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/04/03/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-agritech-in-africa-with-a-snapshot-of-2019/
Click here to subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/