Africa Mobility Initiative is inviting applications from startups in the transport sector seeking to provide solutions that will help to mitigate mobility challenges in Africa.
Africa Mobility Initiative (AMI says the increase in an urban population in African cities has resulted in diversification and an upsurge in transport needs. Both public and private car use have drastically risen resulting in road congestion and air pollution.
- 6 Rising FinTech Startups from East African Worth Following The Fintech sector in Africa has been growing steadily over the last 6 years with more startups sprouting on every corner of this continent. This growth has been further asserted by the increase in funding pumped in the sector from both local and international investors.
- Former Dimension Data execs invest in digital ID solutions company Contactable Contactable, which was founded in 2009 by Shaun Strydom, has a cloud-based platform that assists corporates with the safe and secure handling of the digital identity of their clients, particularly when it comes to the onboarding of customers.
- 54gene Launches US$500,000 Testing Support Fund to Expand Coronavirus Testing Facilities in Nigeria 54gene, the African genomics research, services, and development company, has launched a fund to tackle the current challenges around testing for COVID-19 in Nigeria.
March Preview & Events: https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/02/29/gfa-march-2020-preview/
See links for feature weekend articles here:
- COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
- African Fintech Funding; 2020 & Beyond https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/20/gfa-weekend-feature-african-fintech-funding-2020-beyond/
GetFundedAfrica curates funding news across Africa and emerging markets. Subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/