- The African Leadership Institute Call For Submission for Youth-Led Organizations Firstly, they are generally poorly funded as donors and funders struggle to identify these organisations. Deadline: April 31st, 2020
2. Germany Africa Business Forum Sets up Fund to Invest in German-African Energy Startups The Germany Africa Business Forum (GABF) announced it has launched a multi-million Euro funding commitment to investing in German energy startups that focus on Africa in collaboration with private partners from the energy industry.
- Kenyan Diagnostics Startup Ilara Health Secures $735k Investment Ilara Health, a Nairobi-based healthtech startup has raised $735,000 in seed funding from a group of angel investors and venture capital (VC) firms. The angel investors that participated in the deal include Esther Dyson, Nijhad Jamal, Aadil Mamujee, Selma Ribica and Shakir Merali
- GreenTec invests into Cote D’Ivoire Waste-Management Start-up Coliba GreenTec is very pleased to announce our investment in Coliba, an innovative Cote D’Ivoire-based recycling and waste management start-up that is addressing one of the most prominent ecological problems of our time: plastic waste.
March Preview & Events: https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/02/29/gfa-march-2020-preview/
See links for feature weekend articles here:
- COVID-19…. Funding for African Businesses & The Opportunities https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/27/gfa-weekend-feature-covid-19-funding-for-african-businesses-the-opportunities-space/
2) African Fintech Funding; 2020 & Beyond https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/20/gfa-weekend-feature-african-fintech-funding-2020-beyond/
GetFundedAfrica curates funding news across Africa and emerging markets. Subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/