- African Food Prize for Innovation in Agriculture – $100,000 The US$100,000 prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda.
- KCB & Safaricom Commit KShs 30B Mobile Stimulus Fund to Support Customers in COVID-19 Response – Major companies in Kenya have taken the initiative to waive their transactions in the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
- Applications For Govt $500m National Venture Capital Fund Will Be Made Online The NVF was supposed to start funding businesses back in February but the platform to do is being developed by FINSEC and is yet to go live
- How Simeon Iheagwam Charted His Own Path to Becoming a Venture Capitalist – Simeon Iheagwam, Founder and Managing Partner of Noemis Ventures, is one such example. Iheagwam became a venture capitalist by tossing out the rule book and taking matters into his own hands.
March Preview & Events: https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/02/29/gfa-march-2020-preview/
See links for feature weekend articles here:
1) African Fintech Funding; 2020 & Beyond https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/20/gfa-weekend-feature-african-fintech-funding-2020-beyond/
2) Funding & Fintech in Africa https://getfundedafrica.com/2020/03/14/gfa-weekend-feature-funding-fintech-in-africa/
GetFundedAfrica curates funding news across Africa and emerging markets. Subscribe for GetFundedAfrica Newsletters: https://getfundedafrica.com/pricing-plans/